Search This Blog

Sunday 19 August 2018

Paleo Profiles: Introduction

For years palaeontology has been one of my great loves; so much so that I came very close in doing it as my degree at university. The creatures of the past have wowed peoples worldwide ranging from the monsters of the silver screen in Jurassic Park, Gojira, and The Valley of Gwangi to real life folklore and myths. With Paleo Profiles we look at different extinct animals ranging from dinosaurs to mammoths to giant bugs in order to understand what they were like when they roamed the Earth. This series will hopefully inform readers of the wonders of prehistory (and some more recently extinct forms of life). I also want to prefix this by saying that I am a historian, not a palaeontologist. This is something which is a hobby to me and not my field of study so I am not an authority on palaeontology. The purpose of Paleo Profiles is for me to engage in one of my great loves; for newcomers to palaeontology to find out some interesting information; and for those with an active interest/actual authority to also find out interesting points. For any Paleo Profiles if you feel that I've got something wrong or left something out please tell me and I will add it in. Palaeontology is a constantly evolving and changing field; just as much as archaeology and history. 

We will be forming a list of Paleo Profiles as they are written which you can find here. Those with an interest in history, comic books, and everything related to them please be sure to check out our Facebook or catch me on Twitter @LewisTwiby.

Our first Paleo Profile will focus on a behemoth from the deep...

No comments:

Post a Comment